The history of perfumery is not complete without a mention of the house of Lubin. Established in 1798 by Pierre François Lubin, the House grew out of a small venue located at rue Sainte Anne in Paris that sold perfumed ribbons, ball masks and rice powders to the renowned establishment that perfumed the Imperial court.
A voyager and discoverer at heart, Lubin was the first perfume maker to conquer the New World in 1830. His effervescent Eau Vivifiante (later called Eau de Lubin) was coveted the world over, from Paris to Moscow, from Jaipur to New York.
The 21st century has brought the House of Lubin into its renaissance. The intricate and complex blends evoke the splendor of the royal courts perfumed by Lubin in the 18th and 19th centuries, while the exotic touches allude to the founder’s fascination with far away lands and exciting discoveries. It continues to leave its mark on perfume history!